Pages

Saturday 13 March 2010

How I Made My Silver Plated Wire Wrapped Coiled Ring

The Finished Silver Plated Wire Wrapped Coiled Ring









  1. I started off by hammering flat some 14 gauge Silver plated wire
  2. Then I hammered a pattern on to the flattened wire
  3. The finished hammered pattern on the wire
  4. I made the coiled ring shape by wrapping the flattened wire around a wooden mandrel
  5. The finished coiled ring shape
  6. Then I add the finishing touches to the ring by adding a final wrapped piece of wire on the middle of the coiled ring shape

I have some new rings I'm about to unveil in my Etsy shop but I thought it might interest some of you to see how I made one of those rings. This is not a tutorial as such but just an overview of what I did to make my finished design with some pictures of the different stages and then pictures of the finished ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment